In 2012, Wells Fargo and NFWF launched the Environmental Solutions for Communities initiative, designed to support projects that link economic development and community well-being to the stewardship and health of the environment. This five-year initiative is supported through a $15 million contribution from Wells Fargo that will be used to leverage other public and private investments with an expected total impact of over $37.5 million.
Funding priorities for this program include:
- Supporting sustainable agricultural practices and private lands stewardship
- Conserving critical land and water resources and improving local water quality
- Restoring and managing natural habitat, species and ecosystems that are important to community livelihoods
- Facilitating investments in green infrastructure, renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Encouraging broad-based citizen participation in project implementation.
Grants will be offered twice a year to support priority projects in states and communities where Wells Fargo operates. Additional priorities and funding guidelines may be found within the program’s RFP. In addition, funding available under this new partnership will also be used to leverage resources associated with other NFWF funding opportunities.